• To combat spam, scammers, and other nefarious users, all new registrants must be manually approved by the staff. To expedite this process, please reference your profile on mgtow.tv or other social platforms. Also, this forums is 18 and over.

MGTOW.tv account sync

SPECTRE

I take this is directly tied with MGTOW.tv, in which case I would expect all accounts to be linked so people don't have to create new accounts manually. Their user name and password should be automatically synced.

crimsoncapsule

I discourage syncing usernames AND passwords - if the auth is handed off to .tv as a kerberos ticket and the user auths directly to .TV that might work.

any site that offers to "sync my password elsewhere" is a non-starter for me as that means they are not storing only the hash. that means if they get compromised they will get that password. that isn't a large risk for me as I never re-use passwords but it's a huge risk to the general population.

Comment

SPECTRE

well, it does not have to be a sync per se, but at least copying the user accounts when this website came alive would be a good thing because plenty of people might be discoruaged by having to create yet another account.

as for passwords, of course i meant the hash. unless both sites use salt or different algos, this is a non issue.

Comment

KEEPER

((( ENFORCER )))
Staff member
I never thought about it from this perspective.

I just told people you can as a choice use the same username and password that you do on TV, but I did let folks know that it wasn't synced.

I knew Armour was going to implement some way to integrate it with TV, but even the chat we used on the other platform that is largely unused right now except for the spammers, it originally wasn't synched.

But if that is the issue, I can understand it from that perspective.

Comment

MGTOW Cafe

Administrator
Staff member
We will be working on syncing from mgtow.tv to the cafe so people don't have to create new accounts although mgtow.tv and mgtow.cafe are technically two different platforms.

Comment