• To combat spam, scammers, and other nefarious users, all new registrants must be manually approved by the staff. To expedite this process, please reference your profile on mgtow.tv or other social platforms. Also, this forums is 18 and over.

My favorite video game is Skyrim

KEEPER

((( ENFORCER )))
Staff member
20210810_023253.png

I love almost everything about this game, And I play on PC so that makes it even better.

When I first started playing this game I had an Xbox 360, and even back then when I reflect on those days, the game was pretty badass were you could fight dragons vampires werewolves creatures of all kinds and people of all kinds, it was not only a great stress release from shit in real life but it was a way for you to distract yourself from personal problems that weighed you down.

I'm not a lore expert, but I do enjoy the stories and I enjoy coming up with my own ideas of how the story plays out.

This is the kind of game that you can play a good guy or a bad guy and enjoy it all the same he can be a mercenary or essentially be one of the bandits scattered across the landscape.

It's pretty much an anything game, you can be an architect to a certain degree using the confines of the engine, and on PC that can be expanded on in many other ways. One of my favorite mods is rather simple, but it has to do with creating yourself passive income with real estate throughout the landscape, you can purchase anything from houses to ins to bars businesses mines temples and you can use these resources to fund your Enterprises.

However money is essentially useless if you're not using it, so then you have to install mods that collect taxes and you'll get bounties if you aren't able to pay your taxes so there's a consequence system for not being able to pay for everything, And everything is adjustable via menu, you basically play how you want to play, if you want to believe you're an up-and-coming rich guy who supports the economy but is also a thief from the Thieves Guild and you want to gain influence within every city that you purchased property in, it makes the overall story feel as if you had some other puprose, instead of you being the main protagonist as "the Dragonborn" that you could be a businessman or both if you want.

But if you get sick of that play through and want to play as in something else you can.

There are so many options that you can choose from and I think that's what makes this game really great.

The modding scene is always improving on mods, despite this game being over a decade-old the modding Community is still huge and people are still creating mods without end.

So if you want to play a good game, that you can do almost anything in, I would suggest playing Skyrim.

Last edited:

KEEPER

((( ENFORCER )))
Staff member
So I wrote this not only because it was an interest of mine but I wrote it because I noticed that there were some other subsections available, and I don't know what they're exactly for so I just wrote this as the result, enjoy.

Comment

crimsoncapsule

I never played Skyrim. The simple reason is once I played Thief, Thief Gold and Theif II Metal Age I became addicted to first person sneaker games. If I cannot completely ghost a game I won't play it.

Comment

KEEPER

((( ENFORCER )))
Staff member
I never played Skyrim. The simple reason is once I played Thief, Thief Gold and Theif II Metal Age I became addicted to first person sneaker games. If I cannot completely ghost a game I won't play it.
I love Thief, part of the reason why I named myself keeper LOL. I like the idea of the keepers in the story, basically safeguarding the hidden and yet dangerous knowledge from the world. And they run their secret organization behind the scenes. Kind of like mgtow.

But I love the thief games, have you ever played the dark mod?

Comment

crimsoncapsule

I love Thief, part of the reason why I named myself keeper LOL. I like the idea of the keepers in the story, basically safeguarding the hidden and yet dangerous knowledge from the world. And they run their secret organization behind the scenes. Kind of like mgtow.

But I love the thief games, have you ever played the dark mod?
I played the dark mod a bit when it first came out - I didn't enjoy the lockping models used so I abandoned it.

These days I mostly just beta test fan missions before they get released, and find old gems and try to supreme ghost them.

I recently re-played Thief2 Metal age and I was able to complete the entire game dealing only one damage (Cavador knockout). To do this I had to play the first level running interference on the "hard" setting instead of "expert" - if you play "expert" you get an eight knockouts objective. Nudging the guards out of the way was a giant pain but I was able to get every pick-pocket and all the loot. a side note on the first level of Thief 2 - if you play on "hard" you can get ten more loot than either the normal or expert option.

Comment

KEEPER

((( ENFORCER )))
Staff member
I played the dark mod a bit when it first came out - I didn't enjoy the lockping models used so I abandoned it.

These days I mostly just beta test fan missions before they get released, and find old gems and try to supreme ghost them.

I recently re-played Thief2 Metal age and I was able to complete the entire game dealing only one damage (Cavador knockout). To do this I had to play the first level running interference on the "hard" setting instead of "expert" - if you play "expert" you get an eight knockouts objective. Nudging the guards out of the way was a giant pain but I was able to get every pick-pocket and all the loot. a side note on the first level of Thief 2 - if you play on "hard" you can get ten more loot than either the normal or expert option.
Well I was never that good at thief to ghost, but I enjoyed the story and gameplay and knocking ppl over the heads. It's a patience pending game.

Comment

Abysswatcher

my favorite games are xenogears, dragon age origins and dragon's dogma dark arisen. xenogears....so much red pills and it was actually the 1st video game that thought me about the world when I was still in my teens. Dragon age origins...the freedom of choice, and the characters including the npcs were all fun to interact with; hell some of their lines actually find their way through my mouth when I talk to people in real life. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen...the stories...the dark hidden meanings behind the ending...and enemies who cuss you out when you are irritating and cheesing them. One enemy that comes to mind...is that dude that you defeated to get that special ring to return back to the king. Did you know that if you returned later on in the game that mofo is merged to with a dragon and when you enter that battle he still remembers what you did to him while he was still human?? Lols

Comment

KEEPER

((( ENFORCER )))
Staff member
my favorite games are xenogears, dragon age origins and dragon's dogma dark arisen. xenogears....so much red pills and it was actually the 1st video game that thought me about the world when I was still in my teens. Dragon age origins...the freedom of choice, and the characters including the npcs were all fun to interact with; hell some of their lines actually find their way through my mouth when I talk to people in real life. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen...the stories...the dark hidden meanings behind the ending...and enemies who cuss you out when you are irritating and cheesing them. One enemy that comes to mind...is that dude that you defeated to get that special ring to return back to the king. Did you know that if you returned later on in the game that mofo is merged to with a dragon and when you enter that battle he still remembers what you did to him while he was still human?? Lols
That's really cool, some of these games I never heard of but now I'm thinking of checking them out. I knew about dragon age, and I almost purchased that, but for some reason I didn't, I don't remember why I turned away.

Comment

crimsoncapsule

GOG has dishonored 1 and 2 bundle for cheap. I am wondering if I should bother buying them, or just stick to my trusty thief/thief2 fanmissions

Comment

crimsoncapsule

the combo for Dishonored "Complete Collection" is $27.49 CDN. I also see that System Shock is going to be on GOG soon. I have that already but i'll buy it off GOG to get it officially DRM free instead of my modified original.

Comment

crimsoncapsule

CDN = canadian - if you go visit GOG.COM you will see the price in your local currency.

I went ahead and bought be bundle - now downloading "Dishonored - Definitie Edition" "Dishonored: Death of the Outsider" and "Dishonored 2"

2 Comments
crimsoncapsule
crimsoncapsule commented
I'm glad I have unlimited data on my "beta testing 5G LTE hub" with work - the entire download size is nearly 70 gigabytes.

crimsoncapsule
crimsoncapsule commented
Checking the logs on my firewall i've already downloaded 2.9 terabytes in the last five weeks. :D

KEEPER

((( ENFORCER )))
Staff member
I'm glad I have unlimited data on my "beta testing 5G LTE hub" with work - the entire download size is nearly 70 gigabytes.
Okay, I was confused when you put that, because I thought you were talking about your phone while you at work. I don't know of any game that's on someone's phone that's that big. But then I reread and saw hub. It makes sense.

Comment

crimsoncapsule

Okay, I was confused when you put that, because I thought you were talking about your phone while you at work. I don't know of any game that's on someone's phone that's that big. But then I reread and saw hub. It makes sense.
I live in a small remote village - there is no wired DSL service here (nor cable) - it's either LTE or starlink, or tethering your cell phone, and all have data caps. thankfully my beta 5G device gets unlimited during the test period, and when the beta ends i'll start tethering my work phone for the massive downloads.

Comment

KEEPER

((( ENFORCER )))
Staff member
I live in a small remote village - there is no wired DSL service here (nor cable) - it's either LTE or starlink, or tethering your cell phone, and all have data caps. thankfully my beta 5G device gets unlimited during the test period, and when the beta ends i'll start tethering my work phone for the massive downloads.
Damn, you got better service than I do. I mean we have 5g capabilities, but we are still using 4g speeds on most cases, but we do have unlimited internet access.

The highest speed I have used is between 40mbps and 60mbps download speeds, upload 6mbps.

And that's an upgrade from the last one we used which was, 10mbps to 30mbps download speed, upload 1mbps.

But most ppl don't even need 5g speeds when you look at the streaming speed chart.
20210817_084354.png

However I could understand downloading a video game, it's easier to have access to faster internet speeds because of how giant video games are nowadays.

It's to bad we don't have the choice or capabilities to adjust the speeds to save money in the times we aren't using the high speeds, maybe in the future they will do this, who knows.

Comment

crimsoncapsule

when I ran my tests on the weekend for my mandatory "beta testing data collection" this is what I find on my various services.

3G bluetree modem (static IP) - 24 Mbps down, 23 Mbps up ( this is a business product not consumer)
4G LTE hub - 35 Mpbps down, 31 Mbps up
4G internet stick - 44 Mbps down, 55 Mbps up
4G tethered work phone 38 Mbps down, 36 Mbps up
4G tethered personal phone 44 MBps down, 31 MBps up
5G beta hub - 38Mbps down, 34 Mbps up.

my LTE services are the best in Canada.

at my old place (I used to live in a large city) my SDSL speeds were 70 Mbps down and 65 MBps up (synchronous dsl, it was NOT ADSL)

Last edited:
Comment

KEEPER

((( ENFORCER )))
Staff member
when I ran my tests on the weekend for my mandatory "beta testing data collection" this is what I find on my various services.

3G bluetree modem (static IP) - 24 Mbps down, 23 Mbps up ( this is a business product not consumer)
4G LTE hub - 35 Mpbps down, 31 Mbps up
4G internet stick - 44 Mbps down, 55 Mbps up
4G tethered work phone 38 Mbps down, 36 Mbps up
4G tethered personal phone 44 MBps down, 31 MBps up
5G beta hub - 38Mbps down, 34 Mbps up.

my LTE services are the best in Canada.

at my old place (I used to live in a large city) my SDSL speeds were 70 Mbps down and 65 MBps up (synchronous dsl, it was NOT ADSL)
Holy fuck! That's the highest I have ever seen for upload speeds, idk what live streams need from the higher resolutions of video from 8K 4K 1080p 720P 480p 360p 144p to audio.

I'm thinking you have to have the higher speeds for upload depending on the resolution being used.

MGTOW TV originally was trying to do 720P live streams, but it was bogging down the system and causing the website to run very poorly to the point that you could only have a couple hundred people watching the Stream so that it wouldn't crash, amr made some adjustments to the resolution to only 360p to 480p so that he could run the Stream at a decent resolution but to also to reduce the lag that the site was having.

I honestly think 360p is just fine, however I do Wonder what that could look like if we had audio streams instead?

I Know audio streams aren't as popular, but I think it would be a good option for some folks who don't have as good of Internet, and I think it would also cause more people to purchase one of the memberships instead of just a free.

I know there are other platforms out there that allow you to do audio, but not all of them are free speech and would likely shut you down after a while.

And I'm thinking the more features this website has, the more people would want to come over and use it.

So long as the features are useful and they are what people want and also what the website can realistically offer and provide.

My guess for this program, and this website that it uses far less bandwidth then even audio, but audio would still be better than just plain text.

But we've needed a forum for a while and since we heard about Reddit, this would be the alternative safe haven for the folks who still want a place to go and chat about this kind of stuff.

Unfortunately I doubt most people will make that move, most people don't realize that their support for a website like this instead of what they are doing will keep them running longer then jumping back on these other websites that will shut them down eventually.

Anyway, like always I derailed entire conversation. LOL sorry about that, I often do this.

Comment

crimsoncapsule

Holy fuck! That's the highest I have ever seen for upload speeds, ....
I work for the telco that consistently wins the JD Power and other awards for the best speeds for wireless networks in Canada. the other telco's in Canada cannot get anywhere close our speeds. I have no idea how starlink compares

Comment